[Freeswitch-users] Newbie at patches, can someone shed light on my git issue?

Mitch Capper mitch.capper at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 23:56:26 MSK 2012

So you clone freeswitch then:
git branch my_fix master  #clones master into my_fix branch for you to work in
git checkout my_fix #switches to the my_fix branch
#make changes to the files you change or add
#Mark the changes for commit, ie:
git add src/switch.c #use git add for modified or new files
git commit -m "My Fix" #commits your changes
git format-patch -w 1 #makes a patch for the last commit

The patch will contain the differences between the original code and
your code this is what you would put in a jira.

~mitch