[Freeswitch-users] Open Source Question

Bzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Mon Oct 29 16:20:56 MSK 2012

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 11:06:25 +0000 (GMT)
"Chris B. Ware" <chrisbware at yahoo.it> wrote:

> I've made a PBX, FS based, writing functions with XML and Lua, for a customer.
>
> FS and all its components are based on many open source licenses, so I can't
> sell this software.
>
> Here my question: can I sell the solution I've made? Can I sell my particular
> configuration?
>
> If the answer is 'No', can I mantain intellectual property of my work?
>
> I'd like to avoid that a customer copy 'my' files and sell the service.

Hi Chris,

AFAIK FS licenses are very permissives and let you make almost whatever
you want AFA you retain the original authors credits.

So, I guess (I'm not a lawyer) you can either sell you software (or the
engineering you've made).  In this case you can add you own NDA clause;
beware though about forbidding onerous transfer of property, there's a
recent french jurisprudence that allows it and I was told that EU is
gonna follow that path; which is perfectly logical: judges considered
the license the same as any consumption good.

--
<Achoral> how much do you weight?
<Kagekev> 45Ko