[Freeswitch-users] Use of ignore_early_media

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Wed Oct 24 09:31:19 MSD 2012

I have a dialplan that includes something like this:

<action application="bridge"
  data="{ignore_early_media=true}user/${dialed_extension}@${domain_name},[leg_delay_start=5]sofia/gateway/${call_forward_gateway}/4165551212"/>

It was suggested to me that ignore_early_media was usually
contra-indicated.  When I removed it, the local extension stopped
ringing as soon as the cell phone was called.  Putting it back allowed
both phones to ring until one picked up.  However, that caused a
different problem.  When someone called an extension that was not
currently registered they got a busy signal.  Without it the calls go
to voice mail.

My question - WTF?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain