[Freeswitch-users] State of mod_skinny?

Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com
Tue Oct 23 03:29:57 MSD 2012

Just wondering what the state of mod_skinny is?  We are currently
attempting to move away from using Cisco UMC, and have most things
working with Asterisk using the 3rd party chan_sccp-b driver.  We are
stuck at the moment using SCCP phones so the skinny protocol is a must
(we are looking to move to SIP at later date).

I have downloaded and installed FreeSWITCH v1.2.3 via tarball, and I was
able to get my phones (7971-G) to register, but I have not be able to
make any calls.  I was able to install a SIP softphone and was able to
call into the skinny phones, but currently I am unable to make outbound
calls.  If this functionality of mod_skinny is working I would
appreciate some help in figuring out where I have errored at in my
dialplan or skinny setup.

Machine setup
HP DL320
RAM: 2 gig