[Freeswitch-users] CPU Spikes every 20 minutes

Ricardo Martinez rmartinez at redvoiss.net
Mon Oct 22 18:37:09 MSD 2012

Hello List.

I’m using a Freeswitch server as a B2BUA transcoder.  I have a a HP
Proliant DL380 G7 with 2 Quad Cores and 8 Gig memory.   I’m using Centos
5.5 64bits

[root at transcoder sngtc]# more /etc/issue

CentOS release 5.5 (Final)

Kernel \r on an \m

[root at transcoder sngtc]# uname -a

Linux transcoder.redvoiss.net 2.6.18-194.el5 #1 SMP Fri Apr 2 14:58:14 EDT
2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I also have two transcoding cards Sangoma D100e.

The problem is that I’m having weird spikes of  “load average” cpu  every
20 minutes (aprox), without any reason, reaching near of 12.5 of load
average for this machine.

I have an average of 200 simultaneous  calls (all doing transcoding from
G711 to G729) and I don’t have any crontab job running.  What could be the
cause of these spikes?  I have been trying to optimize the configuration
but the cpu spikes persists.

Can someone help me to find the problem here?

Thanks in advance.

* *

*Ricardo Martinez.-*