[Freeswitch-users] Allowing open SIP access to my users

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Fri Oct 19 20:33:07 MSD 2012

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 17:04:26 -0400
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy at Vex.Net> wrote:
> On to my next challenge.  Now I want to allow anyone to call my users
> with sip:5555551212 at example.com but naturally I want to keep my system
> secure.  I opened up my server to my home system (I have a static IP)
> in the ACL file and it seems like I can, without registering, call
> users on my system but not external ones.  Does this mean that it is
> safe to allow any server (modulus blacklists of course) to call my
> users?  I have removed all the sample extensions from the configs.  Is
> there anything else I should check?

Just following up with what I have learned.

I created a new SIP profile for registered users.  This profile is
mostly the same as internal.xml.  The critical difference is to remove
the acl line.  This forced everyone on that port to register.  Then I
had all my users use that port.  Now my registered users can call out
and anyone can call my internal clients.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net