[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch + Python - request for paid advice

Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
Sun Oct 14 22:10:42 MSD 2012

Hello all,

I'm currently looking for someone who can offer a few hours (4-6?) of paid
advice over Skype relating to architectural design of using Freeswitch and
Python.

I felt it would be unfair to expect the community to answer so many
questions such detail, hence why I'm more than happy to pay for the advice.

I have around 8 years solid Python development experience, and have spent a
week or so reading through the masses of wikis/documentation/mailing lists
relating to Freeswitch. Prior to this I spent a considerable amount of time
comparing other platforms to FS, and reading various articles about the
technical differences between them as well, before coming to the conclusion
that FS was the way forward.

Some of the questions I would be asking are;

* Are there any surprising 'gotchas' when using Python with FS?

* Is there a preferred way of integrating Python into FS?
 - For example, a call queue system, should I have a bunch of external
scripts generating the XML config on the fly, or should I have FS call a
Python method which calls a database and then returns a chunk of XML on the
fly (xml_fetch?), or is there other ways?

* There are various projects relating to integrating Event Socket with
Python/Twisted.. what are the pros/cons of the most popular ones (such
as fiorix/eventsocket on gh).

* Some real world examples of why you would use Event Socket, and the
correct way of doing so.. Do you really have to use Twisted, or can you use
eventlet instead?

* Any unexpected 'gotchas' when using Django with python+fs (I saw the bugs
relating to sockets not being closed, which appears to now be fixed?)

* The correct way to provide dual redundancy (i.e. I'm assuming you can't
run two freeswitch instances in active<>active mode, so you'd have them in
active<>passive mode and then have your load balancer fail over in the
event of a problem? But this raises questions about how you keep both
instances up to date with the same config, what would happen to the
existing calls, etc etc).

There are only a few caveats to this;

* The person should have a lot of prior experience with integrating Python
with Freeswitch, and be able to demonstrate this in some way.
* Any information given would be summarized and sent onto this mailing list
(and my own blog) so that it may benefit others in the future - you can
chose whether or not to have your credits included.
* The person should ideally speak reasonably good English

If you (or anyone you know) would be interested in something like this,
please feel free to hit me up directly.

Thanks in advance to everyone

Cal