[Freeswitch-users] SIP gateway - can't locate outgoing channel type

Richard Weremiuk richwerem at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 19:20:59 MSD 2012

Good afternoon

I'm new to freeSWITCH and have setup my freeSWITCH successfully, from the
latest pre-compiled version (windows).  I have a successfully configured a
SIP gateway (provider voipfone), but when I dial into the PSTN number, just
to try and route to one of the default build extensions 1000 (I also tried
the IVR) I get this error:

2012-10-12 15:41:16.997549 [ERR] switch_core_session.c:408 Could not locate
channel type 1000 XML default

2012-10-12 15:41:16.997549 [NOTICE] switch_ivr_originate.c:2599 Cannot
create outgoing channel of type [1000 XML default] cause:
[CHAN_NOT_IMPLEMENTED]

I've taken the code straight out of the book, and just added my SIP username
and password, so I can't understand why it won't route through?  Rather than
past in code here, I have put the output from a clean startup in a word
file, and also put the external sip_profile xml, and also the public
directory xml file into the same document too.

http://www.beyondmarathon.com/routes/freeswitch_output.docx

voipfone was not a provider listed in the wiki, but given I have been able
to get the gateway registered then I assume it is ok, and there must be a
config issue somewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Richard Weremiuk