[Freeswitch-users] Allowing open SIP access to my users

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Fri Oct 12 01:04:26 MSD 2012

On to my next challenge.  Now I want to allow anyone to call my users
with sip:5555551212 at example.com but naturally I want to keep my system
secure.  I opened up my server to my home system (I have a static IP)
in the ACL file and it seems like I can, without registering, call
users on my system but not external ones.  Does this mean that it is
safe to allow any server (modulus blacklists of course) to call my
users?  I have removed all the sample extensions from the configs.  Is
there anything else I should check?

Is there some sort of hack program that can look security holes?  I
could run that from my machine here to test it.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net