[Freeswitch-users] Absolute Codec String

Nick Vines jnvines at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 00:47:53 MSD 2012

I am trying to set the codec when I bridge. I have late negotiation set to
true, and since I am trying to use G729, I set proxy_media=true as well. I
am using this in my dialplan (I have tried with and without "nolocal:" with
no change):

<action application="bridge"
data="{absolute_codec_string=G729}sofia/gateway/gateway/${dialed_number}"/>

But in the invite to the gateway, I am seeing the codecs offered by the
device:

   m=audio 24960 RTP/AVP 18 0 2 8 9 96 97 98 101
   a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000
   a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
   a=rtpmap:2 G726-32/8000
   a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
   a=rtpmap:9 G722/8000
   a=rtpmap:96 G726-40/8000
   a=rtpmap:97 G726-24/8000
   a=rtpmap:98 G726-16/8000
   a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000

I am troubleshooting right now, so I am able to specify on the phone "Use
Only Preferred", in which case I see only to following offered:

  a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000

Thanks,
Nick