[Freeswitch-users] Rewriting media address in SDP as well as contact IP/port

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 02:45:54 MSK 2012

What're you trying to achieve?

The FS NAT handling should take care of clients that send the wrong
(internal) IP in the SDP.

FS will return its public IP in the returned SDP, they then send from their
RTP port to the FS port. FS will see the IP/port the packets are arriving
from (the external side of their NAT) and auto-adjust to sending packets to
there. You'll see a auto-adjusting rtp log message when that happens. That
can't happen until they send media though, which can cause a problem during
call setup, eg for ringback.

FS behind NAT would be slightly different, there are multiple options there
including the ext-rtp-ip param.

For rewriting packets it's worth bearing in mind that FS is a B2BUA, not a
SIP proxy.

Rewriting the SDP is possible from the dialplan, but I have no experience
in that. http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Codec_negotiation#Rewriting_SDP

-Steve