[Freeswitch-users] call disconnects after 32 seconds

Yiftach Golan yiftah at choochee.com
Sat Nov 17 21:17:33 MSK 2012

Again Anthony I am not trying to push you to change anything just wanted to
have a discussion if I want to change anything I would change in the code
by myself
You are looking for an ulterior motive when there is none
I get it that you want this forum to be more questions and answers about
FreeSWITCH configurations and as I stated  before I will not correct people
or give my thoughts on what I think even if they are missing some facts in
their assumptions (including in this mail) which they consider as premise

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 7:21 AM, Anthony Minessale <
anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only reason that there would be a failure to get the ACK would be if
> the 2 endpoints have lost communication.
> If you can't get an ACK to the host, you can't get a BYE to them either.
>  Even if you hacked it to tolerate no ACK, the session timers would fail in
> another 30 seconds.
>
> You are just focused on your business needs and just disregarding logic.
>  You ask if you are missing something and several individuals are telling
> you YES.  This is the 4th time I am telling you that you should focus
> your enthusiasm on learning rather than affirming a m00t point because we
> are not going to change the behavior.
>
> I have not seen a seen a single case of missing ACK that did not point out
> a real problem that can be simply fixed by either using some NAT related
> configuration and proper formed Contact hosts.
>
> If this argument continues it will be ended with moderation.....
>

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM, Yiftach Golan <yiftah at choochee.com>wrote:
>
>> Here is the reason from the RFC3261 :
>>    "...The reason for this separation is rooted in the importance of
>>       delivering all 200 (OK) responses to an INVITE to the UAC.  To
>>       deliver them all to the UAC, the UAS alone takes responsibility
>>       for retransmitting them (see Section 13.3.1.4), and the UAC alone
>>       takes responsibility for acknowledging them with ACK (see Section
>>       13.2.2.4).  Since this ACK is retransmitted only by the UAC, it is
>>       effectively considered its own transaction..."
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Yiftach Golan <yiftah at choochee.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Yes I you are right if the RTP is not tied with SIP this theory is not
>>> really valid
>>> But this is again true about BYE that does not reach to the destination
>>> so the risk of not closing the dialog still exist
>>> In most of the voice implementation that I saw there are three options :
>>> 1. Softswitch (FreeSWITCH, Asterisk, etc)
>>> 2. MGW (Avaya, Cisco, etc)