[Freeswitch-users] How to add dial plans

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 03:34:14 MSK 2012

Mod_dahdi is one TDM module. The main one is mod_freetdm though, which works with a lot more cards.  Both would need you to have a ISDN line (PRI/BRI) and a TDM card to interface with it.

Mod_gsmopen uses a USB mobile dongle to make calls via the gsm network.

If you don't have any of the above hardware available, the usual way most people send calls to the PSTN is via a SIP provider as Mike said. There are plenty around. All will need you to create an account they will bill you through. You would probably set them up as a Sofia gateway.

Whether calling to a landline or mobile number, the methods would be the same. Although if you have multiple routes it may affect the route you use (eg gsmopen may be cheaper than freetdm or sip providers to call mobiles, and visa versa for landlines).

Calling via any if the above would involve creating a dial plan extension that matches the number(s) you want to call and sends them via one of the above using the bridge app. The dial string determines the module used, the route used and number dialed. You can use $1 etc to generate the disk string from the matched number. There's plenty of info on the wiki.

Steve on iPhone