[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Project Looking For Volunteers: Web Site Dev/Maint

Patrick Lists freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 13 12:29:51 MSK 2012

On 11/13/2012 07:38 AM, Anton VG wrote:
> Joomla has proven to be much less secure than Drupal or WP, surely not
> a little depends to the admin, and in my experience of running small
> web-hosting a while ago, there was uncountable security cases and
> issues with customers installing/running Joomla based sites and almost
> none for Drupal or WP. Would not like to start a religious war, I was
> only hosting that stuff, but had to deal with security complaints.

I don't know much about Drupal but having used Wordpress and Joomla for
many years now both seem equally susceptible to security flaws when they
are loaded with one-man-band plugins that were once fired and then
forgotten about. The Core of both projects indeed had their fair share
of security issues in older versions. These days if you use either
Joomla 2.5.x or Wordpress 3.4.x with well supported (commercial) plugins
and follow the extensive security guidelines you should have a fairly
secure CMS. Self-signed certificates with client certificate
authentication go a long way making sure the admin area is protected.
And there are even Yubikey plugins for both projects which add
multifactor authentication with one-time passwords.

Regards,
Patrick