[Freeswitch-users] Return code from ESL Message Sending

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Nov 12 21:40:47 MSK 2012

I'm afraid the mod_sms page is a little sparse on details. If anyone has a
working chat application that can handle various responses like a 415 then
we'd love to see it doc'd on the mod_sms page.

-MC

P.S - IIRC there won't be a reply to this event with the response from the
other server. You simply fire your event and that's it. I don't believe
there are even any FreeSWITCH event system events thrown when the SIP
response comes back. I'll defer to the expertise of those more experienced
than I, but if I understand correctly most (all?) of the SIP messaging
takes place down in the Sofia stack and never actually causes events to be
fired.

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 8:42 PM, Kurtis Heimerl <kheimerl at cs.berkeley.edu>wrote:

> Hello Freeswitch Users:
>
> We're currently trying to get the return code from a MESSAGE we send using
> ESL. The closest we've found is this jira:
> http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-4453 which seems to provide similar
> functionality for the chat command, but nothing for ESL.
>
> Here's a pastebin of our current code:
> http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/20201
>
> The server we are hitting is returning a "415 Unsupported Content Type"
> (which is correct) and we're trying to discover that in freeswitch, instead
> of assuming the message was received correctly. Right now, we get that the
> recvEventTimed is returning None. This is all done on the a pull of FS from
> yesterday.
>
> Any suggestions?

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Michael S Collins