[Freeswitch-users] Changes to how ODBC, SQL, etc works

Eliot Gable egable+freeswitch at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 01:52:25 MSK 2012

It should probably also be pointed out that I pushed some fixes for
core_pgsql support over the past couple days for better handling
reconnecting to the DB if it loses connectivity. You will definitely want
those fixes in place before you lose connectivity on a real, production
server. At this time, I have been able to bounce Postgres over and over
about 30 times in my tests without any issues getting reconnected and
resuming operations.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:51 PM, William King
<william.king at quentustech.com>wrote:

> Mod_lua now is able to take advantage of pgsql native support.
>
> William King
> Senior Engineer
> Quentus Technologies, INC
> 1037 NE 65th St Suite 273
> Seattle, WA 98115
> Main:   (877) 211-9337
> Office: (206) 388-4772
> Cell:   (253) 686-5518
> william.king at quentustech.com
>
> On 11/02/2012 10:25 AM, Ken Rice wrote:
> > Hey Guys,
> >
> > There’s some new Database Goodness in the core of FreeSWITCH that can
> > lead to some unexpected things for you guys updating existing
> > installations using ODBC.
> >
> > We now have Native PostgreSQL support in the core, and along with this
> > comes some changes to the various “odbc-dsn” settings around the tree.
> >
> > If you are using the format “dsn:username:password” you wont be
> > affected, however if you are just specifying a DSN as “dsn” you will
> > need to listen up
> >
> > The settings for this field have changed.
> >
> > pgsql://hostaddr=127.0.0.1 dbname=freeswitch user=freeswitch password=''
> > options='-c client_min_messages=NOTICE for postgresql (the stuff after
> > pgsql:// is a standard libpq connect string for you programmer types)
> > odbc://dns:username:password  for ODBC   ( dsn:: should also work or
> > dns:username: )
> > sqlite://filename   for sqlite different SQLite Databases
> >
> > I think we still need to doc this up good, but its there and its coming
> > strong...
> >
> > --
> > Ken
> > _http://www.FreeSWITCH.org
> > http://www.ClueCon.com
> > http://www.OSTAG.org
> > _irc.freenode.net #freeswitch

> > Professional FreeSWITCH Consulting Services:
> > consulting at freeswitch.org
> > http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
> >

> > Official FreeSWITCH Sites
> > http://www.freeswitch.org
> > http://wiki.freeswitch.org
> > http://www.cluecon.com
> >
> > FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
> > http://www.freeswitch.org

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Eliot Gable

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors: we borrow it from our
children." ~David Brower

"I decided the words were too conservative for me. We're not borrowing from
our children, we're stealing from them--and it's not even considered to be
a crime." ~David Brower

"Esse oportet ut vivas, non vivere ut edas." (Thou shouldst eat to live;
not live to eat.) ~Marcus Tullius Cicero