[Freeswitch-users] Continue dialplan execution on 503, NOT on early media.

peely freeswitch at peely.com
Thu Nov 8 18:56:14 MSK 2012

Hi,

I have a problem with a specific carrier which I have three interconnects
with where they are rejecting with 503 on a CAPs limit. To work around this
after all interconnects have been attempted I am trying to pause for 1s then
attempt the three interconnects out to this carrier again:

    <extension name="to carrier">
        <condition field="${sip_to_params}" expression="tgrp=carrier"/>
        <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(.+)">
            <action application="set" data="bypass_media=true"/>
            <action application="set"
data="continue_on_fail=NORMAL_TEMPORARY_FAILURE"/>
            <action application="set"
data="fail_on_single_reject=!NORMAL_TEMPORARY_FAILURE"/>
            <action application="bridge"
data="sofia/gateway/carrier1/+$1|sofia/gateway/carrier2/+$1|sofia/gateway/carrier3/+$1"/>
            <action application="sleep" data="2000"/>
            <action application="bridge"
data="sofia/gateway/carrier1/+$1|sofia/gateway/carrier2/+$1|sofia/gateway/carrier3/+$1"/>
        </condition>
    </extension>

This all works well, except I get a large number of call attempts which
result in a 183 (+ SDP) followed by a 480 and these cause the dialplan to
continue with the failure reason NO_USER_RESPONSE which is not listed in the
continue_on_fail reasons. I want to give up immediately on these calls.

I tried the ignore_early_media=true, but the problem with this approach is
that FreeSWITCH considers calls which ring for longer than 60 seconds as a
timeout and clears back, which is not desirable.

Is there any other approach to reroute to alternate carriers, and sleep if
necessary only on 503 and not retry on all other causes, including 18x?

Thanks,

Neil.