[Freeswitch-users] [OffTopic] Why PostgreSQL better then MySQL?

Antonio Teixeira eagle.antonio at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 20:01:05 MSK 2012

>From my point of view this is a not a discussing that my db is bigger than
yours ( sorry better ...).
No one can ever say that a database is more secure , more stable and X , Y
, Z technology is advancing far faster than we can support/understand it.

Postgresql as by far outperformed mysql , from my work experience i have
saw raid car failure with the db holding up , for me i will always prefer a
DB  that has one unique engine geared towards stability , etc mysql with
its internal engines appears to be a hammer that will also work as a brush.

So for me a DB that i haven't touched for always 3 years , inserting close
to 1M rows per day ( cdr's) with a plain and simple vaccumm ( reindex ).