[Freeswitch-users] uuid_record and recording output format

Hector Geraldino Hector.Geraldino at ipsoft.com
Thu May 31 22:00:36 MSD 2012

Thanks Peter, it's much more clear now.

By default, when recording a session to a wav file, I can see in the audio file properties that: the sample rate is 8000 Hz (8kz as mentioned), and the codec says "Uncompressed 16-bit PCM audio". By default, is it ulaw or alaw?

Sorry for the confusion, I'm trying to catch up with all this information about codec negotiation, codecs and audio formats but it's a little bit overwhelming for a novice like me.

Thanks again