[Freeswitch-users] Gateway failover with LUA

Muhammad Naseer Bhatti nbhatti at gmail.com
Mon May 28 14:09:48 MSD 2012

Hi, I am trying to implement a gateway failover functionality with
lua. Right now I am using limit and using hash backend to limit number
of channels to each gateway. Since I am forwarding all calls with a
default dialplan which is sending all calls to application lua and the
bridge is done outside lua setting all the necessary vars.
The idea is if all channels of first gateway are occupied, send the
call to second gateway in the list and so on. Any idea how to
implement this with lua? Can not seem to find the logic. If I query
with limit_status it is going to be a query on every call. In a high
call volume scenario, I don't think this would be really a good
choice. Any ideas, thoughts?

Thanks.