[Freeswitch-users] Unable to build Git tree on Mac OSX Lion

Neil Patel neilp at cs.stanford.edu
Sat May 26 20:39:45 MSD 2012

I was able to get around this by taking a hint from this
comment<http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FS-1949?focusedCommentId=17458&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-17458>
.

I modified this part of configure.in before running bootstrap:

#set SOLINK variable based on compiler and host
if test "x${ax_cv_c_compiler_vendor}"  =  "xsun" ; then
    SOLINK="-Bdynamic -dy -G"
elif test "x${ax_cv_c_compiler_vendor}" = "xgnu" ; then
    case "$host" in
        *darwin10.*)
            SOLINK="-dynamic -force-flat-namespace"
        ;;
        *darwin*)
            SOLINK="-dynamic -bundle -force-flat-namespace"
        ;;
        *-solaris2*)
            SOLINK="-shared -Xlinker"
        ;;
        *)
            SOLINK="-shared -Xlinker -x"
        ;;
    esac
else
    AC_ERROR([Please update configure.in with SOLINK values for your
compiler])
fi

OSX Lion uses darwin11, so the first case was not hit. I removed the
-bundle flag from the highlighted case and got it to avoid the error.

This is probably something the build system should patch up.

-Neil