[Freeswitch-users] Spandsp mulated modems inbound/no /dev/FS* device?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue May 22 03:28:20 MSD 2012

I looked at the source, just to confirm and I believe Anthony is correct.

Line 871 of mod_spandsp_modem.c:
switch_snprintf(name, sizeof(name), "modem/%d/%s", modem->slot, number);

That would suggest a syntax just like FreeTDM, where the dialstring is
"modem/x/y" where x is the "slot" and y is the dialed number. Also, I
suspect this block starting at line 856 means you can use a literal "a" for
the slot and it will hunt for the next available modem:

        if (!strcasecmp(modem_id_string, "a")) {
            modem_id = -1;
        } else {
            modem_id = atoi(modem_id_string);
        }

Please try this out and confirm. If possible, add the information to the
wiki. If you can't update the wiki then please report back and let us know
whether the dialstring format worked or not.

Thanks,
MC