[Freeswitch-users] What is the digit for in ./bootstrap.sh -j4 ?

Tom C mel0torme at gmail.com
Sat May 19 03:36:04 MSD 2012

On the Installation Guide page of the FreeSwitch wiki, it says the
following:

You can use multiple cores for your bootstrap/config/build, by specifying
it at the start, e.g.: (note this may make build errors harder to spot)

 ./bootstrap.sh -j4

I looked through the bootstrap.sh code, and it appears that the trailing
digit in the above example is ignored?  Or am I missing something?

I was thinking/hoping it was a way to specify the maximum # of background
processes that get created.  At this point I assume it is just an error in
the wiki.