[Freeswitch-users] Loud whilte noise during sleep

Phil Quesinberry philq at qsystemsengineering.com
Thu May 17 21:45:47 MSD 2012

Actually it's one of the latest 1.2.0 revisions - b653c21.

I didn't realize that with the quick look I had at the code.  Curious. that
makes me wonder if the Aastra phones are generating the noise when they
don't see any media.  A user complained about hearing the noise when first
logging into voicemail, before she is asked for her PIN.  I hadn't noticed
it before because I normally do that on speaker but on the handset, it is
quite noticeable.

Is there a way to use send_silence_when_idle without having it kill ringback
when set to a non-zero value?

Anthony Minessale
Thu May 17 20:21:35 MSD 2012

Which revision of the code are you looking at?
The sleep sends dummy frames unless you set that
send_silence_when_idle var, if its not set its probably not sending
anything.
You can see in the code that unless that var is set it wont be
generating anything.