[Freeswitch-users] 2012 VoIP With Virtualization

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Wed May 16 20:01:07 MSD 2012

I mean, OpenVZ works perfect for mod_gsmopen, that I was meaning.

Also, there is consensus from the core developers that OpenVZ is the
virtualization platform works with FreeSWITCH (mod_gsmopen and
mod_skypopen included) without particular tweak.

That's because OpenVZ is a kind of jail, so applications in guests
have direct access to the IRQs of the one only kernel running on the
bare metal (as opposed to Xen, VMWare, KVM, etc that runs many
concurrent kernels on software simulated hardware machines).

-giovanni

--
Sincerely,

Giovanni Maruzzelli