[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch + Lync

Michael Giagnocavo mgg at giagnocavo.net
Wed May 16 06:31:45 MSD 2012

When using Lync to terminate outbound to FreeSWITCH, remember by default Lync will CANCEL the call if it does not get 183 progress within 10 seconds. Reason is some stuff about ICE/NAT traversal and missing the first second of audio.

(Also realise Lync will try to use ICE, so if you're on a VPN with a similar subnet, it'll pick that path over others. Only way to fix is to firewall off RTP from the Lync server, so that ICE fails. This is the only time I've seen ICE work, and then it resulted in horrible audio quality (RTP over SSL VPN)).

-Michael