[Freeswitch-users] XML_CURL directory configuration does not fail over to static XML

Vik Killa vipkilla at gmail.com
Fri May 11 21:53:21 MSD 2012

> I imagine it is so it can remain dynamic.  When you change the static XML
> configs, you need to trigger a reload (you already know this most likely).
After I modify the static XML and do reloadxml, if XML_CURL is still
binding to directory and the request fails, the directory variables
are still not read from the static XML. I understand the differences
and trade-offs between the two. What I'm trying to accomplish is a HA
solution that does not need to rely on XML_CURL 100%. In other words,
if XML_CURL fails for some reason, all the XML will be close to
up-to-date (maybe reloadxml every night?) static in memory. For some
reason, the directory parameters and attributes as well as the entire
dialplan will work from static XML if XML_CURL fails but not the
directory variables.