[Freeswitch-users] XML_CURL directory configuration does not fail over to static XML

Vik Killa vipkilla at gmail.com
Fri May 11 19:17:21 MSD 2012

I've noticed that when binding the FS directory configuration to
XML_CURL, FS does not fail over to static XML when XML_CURL fails.
I've verified this by loading identical directory configurations in
XML_CURL and in static XML. When I run the following command, it only
returns a result if XML_CURL is available:
user_data 1000 at testdomain.com var mailbox

if the XML_CURL query fails, it does not look in the static XML (which
is loaded into memory), instead it returns:
-ERR no reply

Is this the expected behavior or is it a bug? This behavior is not the
case for dialplan configuration. While binding XML_CURL to dialplan,
if XML_CURL fails, it will use the static XML that is loaded into
memory.