[Freeswitch-users] Kernel frequency

peely freeswitch at peely.com
Fri May 4 22:37:34 MSD 2012

Hi,

I run my production stuff on Ubuntu Server and have been using the
pre-emptive kernel which runs at 1000hz, this was because previous build of
FreeSWITCH seemed to need to run at this frequency.

In testing the latest Ubuntu LTS release, it seems they're not producing
recent kernels for anything other than their generic Kernel, which runs at
250hz I believe.

Is it still a requirement / recommendation that FreeSWITCH runs on 1000hz
boxes? I know the preferred distro is Centos, but would appreciate some
guidance on what may occur if I were to move to 250hz kernels on production
boxes, obviously this would still be a "softly softly" move.

Thanks,

Neil.