[Freeswitch-users] Does Freeswitch replace Asterisk?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri May 4 20:57:49 MSD 2012

Hello Antonio,

Your scenario is not uncommon. It may be that you have a particularly bad
version of Asterisk. (A few releases were particularly problematic.) It
could be that your hardware has issues. Or it could be that Asterisk may
not be a good fit for your scenario.

FreeSWITCH can do basically all of what you are doing now. The only thing I
would do is contact Sangoma and ask them about Digium FXO cards in Brazil.
(Sangoma wrote the FreeTDM stack for FreeSWITCH, so they're the experts on
the subject.)

If you are looking for a FreeSWITCH + GUI solution then you might want to
check out FusionPBX or blue.box.

-MC