[Freeswitch-users] Commercial Fax over T.30 for FreeSWITCH

Anita Hall anita.hall at simmortel.com
Fri May 4 11:48:38 MSD 2012

Thanks a lot Steve, Paul, Anthm, John !

I will try both timerfd and the kernel freq thing :)

Btw, I am not using any T.38 or IP. Here is the set-up and config

E1 <-> Sangoma A108D <-> libPRI <-> FreeTDM <-> mod_spandsp

The Sangoma cards take their timing source from the E1, echo cancellation
is disabled.

There is no T.38 or any other IP. We are using G.711 only

Kernel timing related info
$grep CONFIG_HZ= /boot/config-`uname -r`
CONFIG_HZ=100

$ cat freetdm.conf

[span wanpipe wp1]
trunk_type => e1
group=1
b-channel => 1:1-15
d-channel => 1:16
b-channel => 1:17-31

etc.

$ cat /etc/wanpipe/wanpipe1.conf

[devices]
wanpipe1 = WAN_AFT_TE1, Comment

[interfaces]
w1g1 = wanpipe1, , TDM_VOICE_API, Comment

[wanpipe1]
CARD_TYPE     = AFT
S514CPU     = A
CommPort     = PRI
AUTO_PCISLOT     = NO
PCISLOT     = 6
PCIBUS      = 1
FE_MEDIA    = E1
FE_LCODE    = HDB3
FE_FRAME    = CRC4
FE_LINE        = 1
TE_CLOCK     = NORMAL
TE_REF_CLOCK    = 0
TE_SIG_MODE     = CCS
TE_HIGHIMPEDANCE    = NO
TE_RX_SLEVEL    = 430
HW_RJ45_PORT_MAP = DEFAULT
LBO         = 120OH
FE_TXTRISTATE    = NO
MTU         = 1500
UDPPORT        = 9000
TTL        = 255
IGNORE_FRONT_END    = NO
TDMV_SPAN        = 1
TDMV_DCHAN        = 16
TE_AIS_MAINTENANCE = NO                                #NO: defualt  YES:
Start port in AIS Blue Alarm and keep line down

#wanpipemon -i w1g1 -c Ttx_ais_off to disable AIS maintenance mode

                                                  #wanpipemon -i w1g1 -c
Ttx_ais_on to enable AIS maintenance mode
TDMV_HW_DTMF        = YES                                 # YES: receive
dtmf events from hardware
TDMV_HW_FAX_DETECT        = NO                       # YES: receive fax
1100hz events from hardware
HWEC_OPERATION_MODE     = OCT_NORMAL     # OCT_NORMAL: echo cancelation
enabled with nlp (default)

                                         # OCT_SPEECH: improves software
tone detection by disabling NLP (echo possible)

                                         # OCT_NO_ECHO:disables echo
cancelation but allows VQE/tone functions.
HWEC_DTMF_REMOVAL       = NO                        # NO: default  YES:
remove dtmf out of incoming media (must have hwdtmf enabled)
HWEC_NOISE_REDUCTION    = NO                      # NO: default  YES:
reduces noise on the line - could break fax
HWEC_ACUSTIC_ECHO       = NO                         # NO: default  YES:
enables acoustic echo cancellation
HWEC_NLP_DISABLE        = NO                           # NO: default  YES:
guarantees software tone detection (possible echo)
HWEC_TX_AUTO_GAIN       = 0                            # 0: disable
-40-0: default tx audio level to be maintained (-20 default)
HWEC_RX_AUTO_GAIN       = 0                            # 0: disable
-40-0: default tx audio level to be maintained (-20 default)
HWEC_TX_GAIN            = 0                                  # 0: disable
-24-24: db values to be applied to tx signal
HWEC_RX_GAIN            = 0                                  # 0: disable
-24-24: db values to be applied to tx signal

[w1g1]
ACTIVE_CH    = ALL
TDMV_HWEC    = YES
MTU         = 80

$ cat autoload_configs/freetdm.conf.xml
<configuration name="freetdm.conf" description="Freetdm Configuration">
  <settings>
    <param name="debug" value="1"/>
  </settings>

        <config_profiles>

        <profile name="my_pri_te_1">
            <param name="switchtype" value="euroisdn" />
            <param name="interface" value="pri_cpe"/>
        </profile>

        </config_profiles>

    <libpri_spans>

                  <param name="debug" value="all" />