[Freeswitch-users] Why does FS is not ussin my libs?

Mitch Capper mitch.capper at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 20:51:50 MSD 2012

FreeSWITCH was specifically designed to NOT use system libraries.
There are a lot of reasons for this (and its been covered many times
on the ML you can search the archives for previous threads) but the
major one is just stability.  When we compile against known good
libraries that are tested to the exact version with FS it gives us the
most stable results and makes debugging a lot easier.  You could
probably move your own libs into place if you really wanted to try and
force it but its highly suggested to leave the FS libs alone
especially if you want support.

~Mitch