[Freeswitch-users] Is it possible to git pull an older version?

Randy Andrade randy.andrade at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 18:55:24 MSD 2012

Hey all, I know this is a little bit off topic, but I figured I'd ask here,
since FreeSWITCH is what I'm "git pull"ing..

I've run into a situation where I'm unable to successfully compile the
latest versions of FreeSWITCH, and I'm thinking it's because I've been
running an older version (FreeSWITCH Version 1.0.head (git-6f4c4ea
2011-09-20 15-22-09 +0400)) for quite some time. I'm not altogether unhappy
with the way it's running, but I also don't like being in the situation I'm
currently in, where I'm unable to update my installation, and since I've
updated my sources, I'm also unable to compile any additional modules for
my existing version.

Just wondering if anyone knows how to do a git pull but specify an older
date / version and revert your sources back to that. I've done a little bit
of digging (and will continue to do so), but so far haven't come up with
any syntax that does this successfully.

Sorry for asking such a n00b question, but I don't use git regularly,
actually I don't use it for anything except FreeSWITCH.

BTW: My installation is running on Debian 6.0.4 Linux, installed following
all the guides in all the default locations.

Randy