[Freeswitch-users] no DTMF detection over VoIP

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Sun Mar 25 05:25:43 MSD 2012

Neil,

Howdy! Long time no chat. :)

Regarding SIP/VoIP: A SIP call will not come in over a PRI circuit. SIP is
VoIP and PRI is TDM - two totally different methods for carrying telephone
calls. My guess is that you might have a bit of confusion about where and
how calls are coming in. Let's start with the basics: Do you have a
SIP/VoIP provider? If so, did they supply you with phone number(s) for
dialing in to your system? Have you gone through the configuration process
to make sure your FS box is properly communicating with the provider?

If you need some help you can contact me off list. Of course, this means
you'll have to take me to that Mexican food place the next time I'm in
Frisco! :)

-MC

>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org