[Freeswitch-users] rad_auth faild to load modul

Patrick Lists freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 21 01:14:04 MSK 2012

On 20-03-12 22:55, Tihomir Culjaga wrote:
> hi Miha,
>
> please always use freeradius-client-1.1.6 along with mod_rad_auth.
> looks like a different freeradius-client library version.

RHEL 6.2 / CentOS 6.2 comes with freeradius 2.1.10 so that is going to
be a problem. Even more when looking at the freeradius website where it
clearly states:

"Version 1.1 - No longer maintained!

As of January 2008, the version 1.1.x releases are no longer actively
maintained. Version 1.1.7 was the last release in that cycle. We
recommend that everyone using Version 1.1.7 (or any earlier version)
upgrade to the latest 2.x release as soon as possible.

If there are any security isses found in Version 1.1.7, we will release
a Version 1.1.8 to fix them. However, any new features or bug fixes will
not be added to the 1.1.x releases."

So the freeradius 1.1.6 version you mentioned is obsolete. Imho
mod_rad_auth should be updated to work with freeradius 2.1.10.

I don't use mod_rad_auth but it would make sense to me if someone filed
a bug on Jira asap so maybe this could get fixed before FreeSWITCH 1.2
is released.

Regards,
Patrick