[Freeswitch-users] Mod_CallCenter and HA Failover

R H buscom123+fs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 21:00:53 MSK 2012

Hey Guys,

First I want to say that FreeSwitch has been an amazing platform to work
on. Compared to asterisk I have been extremely impressed. In the
callcenter.conf.xml  I noticed a note that said
    "<!-- WARNING: Configuration of XML Agents will be updated into the DB
upon restart. -->
     <!-- WARNING: Configuration of XML Tiers will reset the level and
position if those were supplied. -->
     *<!-- WARNING: Agents and Tiers XML config shouldn't be used in a
multi FS shared DB setup (Not currently supported anyway) -->*"

There is not much more elaboration on the topic anywhere to be found so I
was wondering if there was ever a plan to support HA Failover in callcenter.

I recently spent some time working on a successful HA failover setup in
hopes to ensure uptime on our servers. Basic call flows work perfectly but
CallCenter definitely shows negative results. Any feedback you can give me
about plans for the module?

Thanks!

Ryan

PS - If it's welcome, I'm planning on adding the notes of how I got HA
Failover working with 2 servers to the FreeSwitch wiki. The documentation
there is a bit incomplete. I'll try to do that as soon as I feel the notes
are complete.