[Freeswitch-users] Using instant ringback.

Kevin Snow Kevin.Snow at ooma.com
Mon Mar 19 21:00:01 MSK 2012

Hi,

I'm experimenting with instant_ringback. It works perfectly but I'd like configure it to have a delay before starting. Making it not quite so instant.

Many (maybe most) of our calls receive early media. Used in conjunction with instant_ringback it makes for a discontinuous ringback experience. First the user hears the instant_ringback, then it switches over to the early media ringback. Totally the right behavior but if I could configure instant ringback to start after X seconds I could avoid this for the user, except for cases where early media is slow to arrive. This would make a better customer experience.

Is this possible?

I looked into the teletone script syntax, hoping to insert a delay there but it didn't seem like I configure it with X seconds of silence then the ringback (and no more X seconds of silence).

Thanks

Kevin Snow