[Freeswitch-users] SIP Notify for MWI on avaya 9630

bernard.david.murphy at gmail.com bernard.david.murphy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 12:30:13 MSK 2012

I have an Avaya 9630 with SIP 2.6.6 firmware which will subscribe to freeswitch on ext login and then receives SIP notify messages when a voicemail is left.

This works fine in freeswitch 1.0.6 but fails to light the light in any newer versions of freeswitch like 1.0 git head.

In both cases the notify messages are definitely sent to the phone but anything other than 1.0.6 does not light the MWI light.

Does anyone know of any reason. I will post the SIP messages shortly.

Does anyone know how to control the format of these notify messages from within freeswitch, I.e. Is it possible in cml file to modify the content?

Thanks
Bernie