[Freeswitch-users] Send calls through registered gateway

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Thu Mar 15 05:22:45 MSK 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM, David Villasmil
<david.villasmil.work at gmail.com> wrote:
> I register an asterisk with with, say with username 1001. I receive a call
> from user 2 and want to terminate what 1002 sends with the gateway (not a
> gateway  per se, but a registered user).

I think you may have it backwards. If you want your Asterisk server to
act as the GW to FreeSWITCH (you send calls from FS to Asterisk and it
hit's its own dialplan), then you would setup a gateway in FreeSWITCH
(see the sofia profie). You don't *need* FreeSWITCH to register to its
GWs, but you can if you like.

Then from FS's perspective, you would dial it like so:
sofia/gateway/NAME_OF_GW/NUMBER_TO_DIAL

I'm sorry if I misunderstood what you're doing, but I hope this helps.

Best,
Gabe