[Freeswitch-users] Dialplan bridge results in choppy audio

Adam Kelloway adam.kelloway at newpace.ca
Tue Mar 13 19:30:35 MSK 2012

Hi there,

Using the dialplan tool, I am trying to bridge a call on one freeswitch
instance to another freeswitch instance on the same network. The call is
bridged as expected, but the audio is very choppy. The first few seconds
is basically inaudible, and after that the quality is better but still
quite poor. In searching previous threads, I could only find audio
problems related to using loopback, but nothing for the bridge dialplan
tool. Also note that the ptime is 20 on both legs.

Am I missing something here? Is there another way I should be
transferring a call to another freeswitch instance?

Here is what the bridge looks like:

EXECUTE sofia/profile_1_external/userA at hostA.com
bridge(sofia/internal/userB at hostB)

Both instances are running 1.0.head-git-72bb196 2012-03-12 16-07-56 -0700

Thanks,

Adam