[Freeswitch-users] reserve mysql database using odbc in the core

Yuriy Nasida nasida at live.ru
Fri Mar 9 17:03:00 MSK 2012

Peter,
Thanks for your answer. Yes I know about using MySQL + DRBD + heartbeat but I search the best way.I plan to use 2 box only. each box will have (FS+mysql). Both FS has to use same mysql. It is necessary for feature - the recovering of current calls in FS2 if FS1 (i mean application level only, i.e. not full box1) will be broken.  http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Freeswitch_HA
If full box1 will broken, FS2 from box2 has to use own mysql server (mysql2) which will be synchronized with mysql1 from box1 (by means of mysql replication). I will lose current calls but new calls will work fine.
I am not sure if it is possible. So I search possibility of using of backup mysql server if main server down. It may looks like second DNS or second SIP-proxy. I just need to put the second ip address of the standby mysql server  on FS2. So FS2 will have two IP address of mysql servers: 1) ip adress of mysql1 (box1) 2) own ip.

Thanks.