[Freeswitch-users] EC2 - One-way Voice / NAT Issue

Sara Higfler sarahig1985 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 18:31:39 MSK 2012

Hi,

I'm sure everyone is tired of NAT related questions, but I am really
struggling here :(
I have freeswitch configured on an EC2 instance, with an elastic IP
address.  I've followed all of the NAT configuration instructions on the
EC2 wiki (http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Amazon_ec2) and have researched
widely on other possible solutions to no avail.  Most scenarios work fine,
but I'm having issue with one particular call path (see scenario 4 below).
Firewall is correctly configured on the EC2 machine.

Scenario 1: x-lite to x-lite
 - Both clients running behind firewall/NAT
 - Voice path in both directions

Scenario 2: x-lite to PSTN
 - x-lite running behind firewall/NAT
 - PSTN is connected via SIP-trunk from Freeswitch to VoIPon ITSP
 - Voice path in both directions

Scenario 3: PSTN to PSTN
 - Both endpoints connected via SIP-trunk (VoIPon ITSP) via Freeswitch
 - Voice path in both directions

Scenario 4: PSTN to x-lite
 - Exact reverse of scenario 2
 - Voice path one way (PSTN to x-lite)
Is there something obvious that would prevent this specific scenario from
working?  I've dumped a SIP trace for the fourth scenario onto pastebin...
http://pastebin.com/dg1XqxsJ

I'd really appreciate some assistance and guidance!

Kind regards,
Sara