[Freeswitch-users] Looking up user data in dialplan

Andrew Cassidy andrew at cassidywebservices.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 23:59:54 MSD 2012

Right, basically I have 2 DID's that each map to a voicemail box, one to
leave messages and one to check messages. So when a call comes in all I
have is the DID the call came in on. I am trying to do this as simply as
possible and I don't know how many he end user of this system is going to
create.

So, i was going to put one number in the user id attr, and the other in
number-alias (which I now see is not an underscore as I originally thought
it was) and just pass the DID to the voicemail application, or look up the
ID if that approach didn't work.

But yes, as I've now determined that number_alias should have been
number-alias, I'm going to try that and see where that gets me.

Regards,

On 28 June 2012 20:49, Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Andrew Cassidy <
> andrew at cassidywebservices.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Again, that only lets me search by ID, ie I need to know the user ID in
>> advance. I'm trying to find the user ID by searching other fields.
>>

> Can we back up a step? Can you reset this question? What information do
> you already have at the point that you are attempting to look for the
> user_id?
> -MC

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
> http://www.cluecon.com