[Freeswitch-users] Building Debian packages for FS and 3rd-party libs

Julian Pawlowski julian.pawlowski at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 18:10:55 MSD 2012

I'm sorry. As it is always - as soon as you have asked somebody else
you will surely find an answer yourself a few minutes later...

I got the Debian package build working.
For those who are interested, this is a slightly adjusted version of
the build example script from README.source:

------
#!/bin/bash -ex
#

# settings
#
distro=squeeze

# Install basic Debian maintainer packages
apt-get -y --force-yes install -qq build-essential git-buildpackage
udev autoconf automake autotools-dev debhelper dh-make devscripts
fakeroot file gfortran git gnupg gpc lintian patch patchutils pbuilder
perl python python xutils-dev

# Install FreeSWITCH specific build packages
apt-get -y --force-yes install -qq debhelper automake autoconf libtool
dpkg-dev gcc g++ libc6-dev make wget pkg-config libssl-dev
unixodbc-dev libncurses5-dev libjpeg62-dev python-dev erlang-dev
doxygen uuid-dev libexpat1-dev libgdbm-dev libdb-dev bison zlib1g-dev
ladspa-sdk libogg-dev libasound2-dev libx11-dev libpq-dev libsnmp-dev
default-jdk gcj-jdk libperl-dev libyaml-dev

[ ! -d /var/cache/pbuilder/base-${distro}.cow ] && DIST=${distro}
git-pbuilder create
[ ! -L /dev/fd ] && ln -s /proc/self/fd /dev/fd
[ ! -d ./freeswitch ] && git clone git://git.freeswitch.org/freeswitch
freeswitch

cd freeswitch

ver="$(cat build/next-release.txt | sed -e 's/-/~/g')~n$(date
+%Y%m%dT%H%M%SZ)-1~${distro}+1"
git clean -fdx && git reset --hard HEAD
./build/set-fs-version.sh "$ver"
git add configure.in && git commit -m "bump to custom v$ver"
(cd debian && ./bootstrap.sh -c $distro)
dch -b -m -v "$ver" --force-distribution -D "$suite" "Custom build."
git-buildpackage -b -us -uc \
  --git-verbose \
  --git-pbuilder --git-dist=$distro \
  --git-compression-level=1v --git-compression=xz
git reset --hard HEAD^

cd -

Regards,
Julian