[Freeswitch-users] softphones and background noise

Juan Pablo L. jpablolorenzetti at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 26 19:26:19 MSD 2012

Hi , i think it was a combination of factors:
1. reordering the codecs in the softphones, so for example, i noticed my gateway
always uses GSM 8K so i made the softphone send that codec at the top of its list
2. removing echo cancelling (and/or reduce background noise) on the softphone helped too
3. lowering the mic volume helped too.

i hope this helps. regards and thanks for all your help.