[Freeswitch-users] Randomly DTMF events when using inband detection using START_DTMF

Michael Lutz mytemike72 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 00:27:31 MSD 2012

Hi All,

I have multiple providers delivering calls to my switches. Most of
them use RFC2833 and I have no issues.
However one of them is not supporting RFC2833 and is using inband dtmf.
For this specific provider I have 'START_DTMF' as one of the first
commands in my dialplan.
This way I can detect digits pressed from a call comming in from that
provider too.

The problem is that it seems on those specific calls I have two weird
things happening:

1. Sometimes it just seems to stop recognize digits.
2. Even worse, sometimes it just seems to randomly (recognize)
generate DTMF tones that are not pressed.

Of course it could be something that is generated by the provider
gateway, as I can also 'hear' a DTMF at that specific moment.

Does anyone have experience with issues like this or have pointers?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Mike.