[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch directories moved

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 19:14:55 MSD 2012

You're quite entitled to be unhappy with a decision.  The problem is,
the more times you reenforce your arrogant snotty superiority with the
members of the mailing list, the less productive things get.  Your
last comment about how you were waiting for someone to play the "this
is open source you ungrateful bastard" card is astonishing.  What card
would you expect to play against the "I am an entitlist user of your
software trolling on the list because you have inadvertently forced me
to do some work" card? Just because its spec files doesn't make the
process any different.  If you found a crash bug, would you get mad
because you updated to this broken version or file a JIRA and get it
fixed?  If you are unhappy with a change, you need to report it to the
proper channels and be willing to live with the decisions made to
resolve your issue.  Frankly, I started this project for me.  I have
been working on it for 8 years now and we were recently given the
opportunity to bring in a dedicated individual to work over those spec
files and make them as compliant as possible with all the other angry
people complaining about the ones you like.  We are not going to pass
up this chance to get organized and separate the code into a stable
branch with packages that fit in with most environments.  I don't even
use those packages so I have little concern with where the files go.
I learned long ago to try not to let that bother me or every linux
distro on earth would put me in the loony bin.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm