[Freeswitch-users] Different Voices for FS

Bzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Thu Jun 21 00:48:46 MSD 2012

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 13:21:39 -0700
<toddb at toddbailey.net> wrote:

> My FS default installation provided me voice menus in English with
> USA accent. Can this be changed to perhaps English with
> Austrailian, British or So. Africa accents? What if I want
> spanish, french  or  russian etc?

This site provide different languages for reasonable rates:
http://www.westany.com/freeswitch

You can also try to use asterisk voices (but I don't know anything
about the licence, though).

And BTW, this isn't a bad question after all; can somebody give
me the best methodology to record my own voices?
Especially: is it better to record long texts and postprod cut/edit
them, or is it better to only record sentences and words?

And is there an URL to download pre-defined texts for that?

JY
--
Help save the whales: eat a Japanese