[Freeswitch-users] How to configure FreeSwitch to use specific transport when offering calls to a SIP Gateway

Venkatesh vvenkatar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 19:20:20 MSD 2012

Hi !

I am new to freeswitch. Apologies if this question was already answered in
the mailing list. I have a simple IVR application that answers a call and
transfers the caller to a specific number. The transfer target requires
that I offer the call to a gateway. I want to configure freeswitch to use
tcp as the transport for the transfer target. The incoming call arrives
over UDP. I configured the following in the gateway configuration:

        <param name="contact-params" value="transport=tcp"/>

However, I don't see this configuration making FS use TCP. The call
continues to use UDP. In addition, FS adds two contact parameters
(transport=tcp; transport=udp) in the outgoing invite. Would appreciate if
you can let me know if I am missing something.

Venkatesh