[Freeswitch-users] Call Recording file format(s)

Adelia C. hexade at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 19 23:55:37 MSD 2012

Thank you all - this is the info I needed.

Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 12:17:00 -0700
From: msc at freeswitch.org
To: freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] Call Recording file format(s)

All things being equal, we just save as a wav and then do post-processing to convert it to the flavor du jour desired by the end users. One advantage of doing this is that you have the option of off-loading the file post-processing to another system if you so choose. Between sox and lame you've got all the free tools you need to convert to whatever file format your circumstances dictate.

-MC